The Superstition Mountain Museum has secured guard rail fragments of the recently removed El Camino Viejo Bridge that spanned Queen Creek in Queen Valley.
Pinal County, in cooperation with the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), will replace the bridge on El Camino Viejo. According to a Pinal County release, “the existing Queen Creek Bridge is a single-span reinforced concrete Luten arch bridge constructed in 1920 under Project FA-7-SEC-2B. In the Arizona Historic Bridge Inventory report this bridge is on the National Register of Historic Places.”
The Museum sees a future for the bridge fragments as possible benches in the amphitheater.
The new bridge is expected to improve the load rating and sufficiency rating and the barriers will be upgraded to meet current safety ratings.